Baking Powder Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These homestyle Baking Powder Biscuits will literally melt in your mouth. Imagine spreading on butter or jam and taking a bite of these luscious homemade biscuits for yourself. Mmm mmm!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting biscuits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 large baking sheets.
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, the salt, baking powder, and sugar. Sift mixture into a medium bowl (see Note). Add vegetable shortening and, with your fingertips, combine ingredients until mixture has the appearance of fine crumbs.
In a small bowl, combine milk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring until well mixed. Scoop dough by tablespoonfuls and drop onto prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1/2 inch between biscuits. Dust tops with flour.
Bake biscuits 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Serve hot.
- No, it’s not necessary to sift this mixture, but sifting does give better results. You can serve these plain or with butter at dinner, or maybe with jam at breakfast. And why not serve these with fresh or thawed frozen fruit and whipped cream as a special treat?! WOW!
- If you enjoyed this simple biscuit recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 14 Easy Biscuit Recipes and Homemade Roll Recipes.
- For tips on how to test for baking soda and baking powder freshness, click here.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 181
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 3.7g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.8g 6 %
- Cholesterol 6.4mg 2 %
- Sodium 366mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 5.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"