Brazilian Cheese Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A popular Brazilian snack is pão de queijo, or Brazilian Cheese Balls. In our recipe, we bake them till they're lightly crisped and golden on the outside, but still ooey-gooey and pillowy on the inside. These cheesy delights are worthy of a gold medal!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring oil, water, milk, and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in flour and garlic until thoroughly combined. Add Parmesan cheese and eggs; mix well. (Mixture will be lumpy.)
- Form mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls and place on baking sheet. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until light golden.
- Because these are made with tapioca flour, they're gluten-free! However, if you're sensitive to gluten, we suggest you check the labels of all your ingredients to make sure they're certified gluten-free.
- Never met a cheese we didn't like! Our Cheese Straws are another way to enjoy its savory goodness!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!