Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We gave a family-favorite a tasty and modern makeover by adding a crispy, potato tot topping that's so good everyone will want to dig in right away! They'll be surprised to find such a tasty, gooey, cheesy, and meaty filling in this amazing Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups frozen potato tots
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole or 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned; drain off excess liquid. Stir in taco seasoning; mix well. Add enchilada sauce and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into casserole and top with potato tots.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until potato tots are golden. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and cook 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with scallion slices and serve.
- If you like this potato tot casserole, you should definitely check out our recipe for Potato Tot Nachos!
- Looking for more quick, easy, and tasty back-to-school ideas like this one? Check out our FREE eCookbook, Cool Fuel for School: 30 Recipes for Kid-Friendly Meals!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.