Cayenne Corn Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Corn bread has always been a big hit in the Southwest so, when everybody tastes our Cayenne Corn Bread, it'll be popular in the rest of the country, too!
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8-3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add remaining ingredients, except butter; mix well. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and stir into batter.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large cast-iron skillet or a 9-inch square baking pan and place in oven until butter melts. Immediately pour batter into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until golden and the center is firm.