Cayenne Corn Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Corn bread has always been a big hit in the Southwest so, when everybody tastes our Cayenne Corn Bread, it'll be popular in the rest of the country, too!
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8-3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add remaining ingredients, except butter; mix well. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and stir into batter.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large cast-iron skillet or a 9-inch square baking pan and place in oven until butter melts. Immediately pour batter into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until golden and the center is firm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!