Orange Pecan Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These easy muffins pair well with menus all year long. We love 'em for a brunch or in the springtime alongside vine-ripened tomatoes and chicken salad. No matter when you serve 'em, nobody will ever guess you used biscuit mix. Shhh! it'll be our secret!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups biscuit mix
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg, beating until blended.
- Add biscuit mix to cream cheese mixture alternately with orange juice, beginning and ending with biscuit mix and beating after each addition. Stir in pecans and orange rind. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake 22 minutes or until golden. Remove from tins immediately, and cool on wire racks.