We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After a few days of eating matzo (unleavened bread eaten for 8 days of Passover), you're ready for an alternative. These rolls are so light and yummy you'd never know they contain no flour. They're great for filling with chicken, tuna and egg salad.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups matzah meal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 5 eggs
What To Do:
- Prehat oven to 375ºF. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine matzah meal, sugar, and salt; mix well.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and oil to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour into matzah meal mixture and beat with an electric beater on low speed until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Allow to sit 15 minutes.
- With oiled hands, form dough into 12 balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
Makes 1 dozen
For crustier rolls, after baking, turn off the oven and allow the rolls to sit in the oven a bit.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!