Amish Banana Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 (9-inch) loaf
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Even if you have a favorite recipe for banana bread, give Amish Banana Bread a try for something a bit different and special.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Place oil in a large bowl. Gradually add sugar while beating lightly. Add eggs and continue beating. Add mashed bananas and beat just until moistened; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add dry mixture to banana mixture and beat just until moistened. Add milk and vanilla, and continue beating just until mixed then pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack and cool completely.
Don't forget about dessert! Our Apple Dumplings: Our Best Apple Dumpling Recipe is one of our favorite after-dinner sweets.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.