Amish Banana Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 (9-inch) loaf
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Even if you have a favorite recipe for banana bread, give Amish Banana Bread a try for something a bit different and special.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Place oil in a large bowl. Gradually add sugar while beating lightly. Add eggs and continue beating. Add mashed bananas and beat just until moistened; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add dry mixture to banana mixture and beat just until moistened. Add milk and vanilla, and continue beating just until mixed then pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack and cool completely.
Check This Out!
- Want more dessert bread options? Make our Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread, our Blueberry Banana Bread, or our Carrot Cake Banana Bread!
- You'll go bananas for our Diner-Style Banana Cream Pie, our New Fashioned Banana Pudding, or our Banana Wedding Cake.
- Prefer apples to bananas? Check out our Apple Dumplings, our Apple Slab Pie, or our Easy Apple Cake!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!