Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 2-1/4 cups flour, the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt; mix well and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, butter, egg, oil, and vanilla until combined. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine raspberries and remaining 2 tablespoons flour; toss gently until berries are evenly coated. Fold berries lightly into batter. Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 30 minutes then remove from pan to finish cooling.
- Here's the recipe for a delicious creamy white chocolate cream cheese spread that goes great with this bread. In a microwavable bowl, melt 1/4 cup white chocolate chips for 60 seconds or until smooth. Stir in 4 ounces cream cheese and 1 teaspoon vanilla, mix until well combined.
- If you're looking for more gift-giving ideas, then you'll want to check out our collection of Homemade Holiday Gifts from Your Kitchen.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 295
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 4.7g 9 %
- Cholesterol 34mg 11 %
- Sodium 327mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 43g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.