Refrigerator Spoon Rolls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These are a real Southern favorite 'cause the dough can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for weeks. That makes it easy to bake up some fresh rolls anytime we get drop-ins!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package yeast
- 4 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 egg
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. In a small bowl, combine the water and yeast and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Add the yeast mixture and whisk for several minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto rimmed baking sheets that have been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until light golden.
Makes about 3 dozen.
If you do make this dough to have on hand in the fridge, keep it tightly covered. Then, when you're ready to enjoy fresh rolls, just drop and bake the dough as directed.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)