Sour Cream Chocolate Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a sweet bread that's easy to make and has a special ingredient that keeps it moist and yummy. Serve Sour Cream Chocolate Bread on a nice Sunday morning with a smear of cream cheese, or enjoy it as a late afternoon snack.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric beater on medium speed. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy. Continue beating and add the sour cream. Add the remaining ingredients; mix until well blended.
- Pour into a 9" x 5" loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes 1 loaf.
This is great plain, but you might want to try it with a little bit of cream cheese spread on top.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!