Sour Cream Chocolate Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a sweet bread that's easy to make and has a special ingredient that keeps it moist and yummy. Serve Sour Cream Chocolate Bread on a nice Sunday morning with a smear of cream cheese, or enjoy it as a late afternoon snack.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric beater on medium speed. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy. Continue beating and add the sour cream. Add the remaining ingredients; mix until well blended.
- Pour into a 9" x 5" loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes 1 loaf.
This is great plain, but you might want to try it with a little bit of cream cheese spread on top.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!