Sweet Onion Cornbread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need the perfect side dish to go with that steamin' bowl of chili? Well, you're in luck because our homemade bread recipe for Sweet Onion Cornbread is a hearty favorite for your chilly weather meal. With just a few special touches, you too can have a homemade cornbread recipe that you can call your own!
What You'll Need
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Sauté chopped onion in a small skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray until tender.
- Prepare corn muffin batter according to package directions; pour into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan, and top with onion. Stir together sour cream and cheese; spread over onion.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Cornbread doesn't require rising time, so you can serve up this old-time favorite with minimal work.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!