Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's make something down-right memorable! This recipe comes from a diner Howard loved during his college years. His breakfast of choice? Their Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread! And no wonder, the sweet spices and creamy icing are heavenly, and now you can make your own version of this diner treat at home. Our copycat recipe for this seriously good dessert bread is another great way to make sweet memories in the kitchen.
What You'll Need
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated French loaf bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Carefully unroll bread dough and form into an 8-inch by 15-inch rectangle. Brush dough with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle sugar mixture and raisins over melted butter. Roll up dough, starting at short side. Place dough, seam side down in loaf pan. Let stand in a warm place 30 minutes to allow it to rise slightly.
- Bake bread 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Carefully remove to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over bread and serve warm.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- We like cutting this into thick slices, buttering both sides of each slice, and toasting them on a griddle plan. If you can resist this, you are a very strong person.
- For more sweet dessert bread recipes, check out our Super-Moist Zucchini Bread, our Blueberry Lemon Loaf, or our Amish Banana Bread!
- Looking for something more savory? Try our All Wrapped Up Garlic Bread, or our Better Buttermilk Biscuits.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.