Sweet Potato Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A hint of cinnamon and nutmeg give this Sweet Potato Bread a classic taste that's so good you're going to want to share with everyone! Our recipe for sweet potato bread makes two loaves, so you can keep one for yourself and share another with a neighbor!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes (about 4 large yams)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another large bowl, combine sugar and oil; beat well. Beat in eggs. Add flour mixture and water alternately. Stir in sweet potatoes.
- Divide batter evenly among two greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of loaves comes out clean. Cool in pans on rack.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sparks will surely fly at your table when you serve up our zesty-tasting Firecracker Barbecued Pork! We made this with a special-tasting glaze that combines the sweetness of barbecue sauce and marmalade, along with a kick of hot pepper sauce and horseradish, for an explosion of flavor in your mouth! This is one recipe we guarantee will have you saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"