Cast Iron Buttermilk Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Cast Iron Buttermilk Biscuits will remind you of dinner at grandma's table. Especially if grandma lived in the south. In just 20 minutes, with the use of your trusty cast iron skillet, you can whip up biscuits nearly as good as she did! It's the perfect side to any meal!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) cold butter, cubed, plus 2 tablespoons melted
- 1 cup buttermilk, chilled
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place flour in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in 1-1/2 sticks of cubed butter until mixture is crumbly. Gradually add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On a lightly floured cutting board, gently knead dough (don’t over-knead). With a rolling pin, roll out dough to about 3/4-inch thickness, then fold it in half. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut dough, re-rolling scraps once, and cut out the remaining dough into circles.
- Using a paper towel, wipe bottom and sides of a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with oil. Place in oven 5 minutes. (Yes, we are preheating the skillet). Carefully remove from oven and place biscuits in hot skillet and lightly brush with half the melted butter.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush the tops with remaining butter and serve warm.
- These biscuits are just as good drizzled with honey as they are topped with a country-style gravy! So whether you’re hankerin’ for sweet or savoy, these are perfect.
- For more ideas that we bet grandma would love, check out our Easy Biscuit Recipes and Homemade Roll Recipes!
- Want something a little more on the sweeter side? We've got you covered! Check out these too-good-to-be-true Cranberry Sweet Rolls or these ooey gooey Easy Caramel Rolls!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 895
- Calories from Fat 671
- Total Fat 75g 115 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 52 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 7.5g 15 %
- Cholesterol 5.8mg 2 %
- Sodium 50mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 50g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 2.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.