Chocolate Rum-Raisin Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These are a special occasion brownie, so why not make any day a special occasion?
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 (1 ounce each) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat, scraping mixture into a large bowl; set aside 10 minutes or until cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, and rum extract into chocolate mixture. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture until well blended. Fold in raisins.
- Spread batter evenly into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 16 two-inch squares and let cool completely.
If you prefer, you can substitute 2 tablespoons of dark rum for the 2 teaspoons of rum extract.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Calories 230
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 5.8g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 39mg 13 %
- Sodium 153mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We took a few shortcuts to make this recipe for Satisfying Shepherd's Pie, because we know that sometimes the cravings for shepherd's pie come on suddenly and you have to have it fast! Boy do we love this hearty meat, potato, and veggie casserole.