We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You love Layered Brownies from the bakery. Now with this easy chocolate brownie recipe, you bake them at home for a guaranteed dessert hit!
What You'll Need
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat unsweetened chocolate and 3/4 cup butter in microwave on high for 2 minutes (or melt in a saucepan on stove over low heat), just until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in granulated sugar then mix in the beaten eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour and peanuts then spread into a greased 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs; do not overbake. Cool in pan.
- Meanwhile, to make peanut butter layer, combine peanut butter and confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl until well blended and smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Then, to make the glaze, place 4 squares of semisweet chocolate, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat mixture in microwave on high for 2 minutes (or melt in a saucepan on stove over low heat), just until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over peanut butter layer. Cool until set then cut into squares.
Are you a chocolate fan? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 316
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 21g 32 %
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 6.5g 13 %
- Cholesterol 44mg 15 %
- Sodium 128mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.