Milk & Cookie Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
We call these Milk & Cookie Brownies because of the homemade boiled milk frosting that goes on top. This one is made with chocolate sandwich cookies in the batter to give it an extra-special flair!
What You'll Need
- 1 (19.8-ounce) package brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 2 sticks butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir 1 cup chopped cookies into brownie batter. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/2 stick butter; stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk and cook until mixture thickens; remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining butter and the sugar until fluffy. Beat the milk mixture into the sugar mixture until smooth. Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until spreadable.
- Frost brownies, then sprinkle with remaining chopped cookies. Cut and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 229
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 3.3g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 2.7g 5 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 145mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 20g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?