Mint Julep Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you're throwing a Kentucky Derby party or you just love the flavors in a traditional Mint Julep, you're going to love these Mint Julep Brownies. You don't have to be a horseracing fan to know that these homemade brownies are sure to be a winner.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring until smooth; cool slightly.
- Place eggs in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually add sugar and beat 1 to 2 minutes. Add chocolate mixture, flour, salt, 2 tablespoons bourbon, and 1 teaspoon peppermint extract; beat well. Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Spread over brownies, then cut into squares.
- Wanna make these kid-friendly? Just leave out the bourbon!
- And if you want to jazz these up even more, garnish each brownie with a mint leaf before serving.
- Wanna serve up refreshing Mint Juleps in drink form? Try ours! (Adults only!)
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 449
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 58 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 4.1g 8 %
- Cholesterol 82mg 27 %
- Sodium 264mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 46g 0 %