We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No, we didn’t accidently mix in an ingredient from a healthy salad with our brownie ingredients. Rather, we purposely added the nutty richness of the Salad Savoy® to the batter to give these what many who tasted them called a “special something”. It’s like you can’t put your finger on what makes these so good (so why try); just eat them and enjoy! Maybe let’s keep this our little surprise.
What You'll Need
- 4 cups packed chopped Salad Savoy®, stems removed
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the Salad Savoy® in a steamer and steam for 5 to 6 minutes or until wilted. Place the wilted Salad Savoy® in a food processor and process 1 to 2 minutes or until finely chopped.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate chips for 1 minute; stir. Continue to microwave in 10-second intervals until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Add the Salad Savoy®, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs to the chocolate mixture; stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt; mix well. Gently fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture. Pour brownie batter into baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool, then cut into squares.