Amish Streusel Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's something irresistibly comforting about the taste of an old-fashioned cake that's chock-full of melt-in-your-mouth streusel in every bite. Our Amish Streusel Cake recipe starts with the shortcut of a cake mix.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix, prepared according to package directions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, and butter; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix. Pour half the batter into baking dish and sprinkle with half the crumb mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool, cut into squares, and serve.
Don't forget to check out our collection of 12 Classic Amish Dessert Recipes for more sweet Amish favorites.
- Did you know we have a free Amish eCookbook? Get all the secrets to your favorite home-cooked meals in our eCookbook, Welcome to Amish Country: 16 Easy Amish Recipes from Mr. Food.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.