Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting starts as easy as can be with a boxed cake mix. We just add in a few eggs to get that extra moist flavor you've always dreamed of! Our homemade chocolate cream cheese frosting is whipped up with a few ingredients you probably have on-hand, too, making this an easy-peasy cake mix recipe that will impress a crowd.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and water; mix well. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add vanilla and cocoa and continue beating until thoroughly mixed. Add confectioners’ sugar gradually and continue to mix until well blended. Spread frosting evenly over cooled cake.
- Vanilla Cake Toppings: Add on any of your favorite toppings to make this one as tasty as can be. We recommend chopped strawberries, chocolate chips, or even white chocolate for an extra pop of color.
- For a vanilla mug cake variation, we recommend these Italian Cream "Mug" Cakes.
- If you liked this Vanilla Cake recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
- You'll find even more frosting ideas in our collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes: Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
- Only have chocolate cake mix on hand? No problem! We've got some Incredible Chocolate Cake Mix Recipes for you to try, too!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 505
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32g 50 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 80 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 4.0g 8 %
- Cholesterol 108mg 36 %
- Sodium 449mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 50g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 36g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!