Apple Pie Dump Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're craving the flavors of apple pie, but it's not apple season or you don't have a lot of time on hand, this recipe for Apple Pie Dump Cake sure comes in handy. This easy dump cake is great for taking to last-minute potlucks too!
What You'll Need
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, place apple pie filling; break into pieces using a spoon. Add cake mix, eggs, and oil; beat 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended. Spread batter in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cool in baking dish at least 15 minutes before serving.
What is a "Dump Cake"? By definition, it's a cake made by laying fruit, or a filling into a pan and then "dumping" cake mix over the top of it; or, a simple cake requiring only a single bowl for baking. 10 Dreamy Dump Cake Recipes
Quick and Simple Ingredients...
We know! You have a ton of things on your to-do list, so going out of your way for a sweet treat isn't exactly easy. That's why using simple and easily accessible ingredients like apple pie filling, which can be found in any grocery store, is something we pride ourselves on. It's the reason this Apple Pie Dump Cake is so easy to make--and why you can make it any time the family is craving it.
What's your favorite quick and easy ingredient substitution?
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Calories 264
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.9g 6 %
- Cholesterol 35mg 12 %
- Sodium 226mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.