Black Forest "Quickie"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll love our version of this popular German dessert! Our Black Forest "Quickie" calls for some of our favorite shortcuts, including devil's food cake mix, cherry pie filling, and vanilla pudding mix. The great thing is, that even though we start with shortcuts, we end up with a homemade-tasting cake that's really impressive!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (1.55-ounce) chocolate candy bar, shaved
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 15 fresh black cherries, with stems
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pie filling, eggs and water; mix well. Pour batter evenly into baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with sour cream and milk and mix until smooth. Spread pudding mixture evenly on cake. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with cherries and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 315
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 7.9g 40 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.3g 11 %
- Cholesterol 83mg 28 %
- Sodium 294mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 19g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party or attending a potluck? Break out the pita chips and set out a bowl of this Summer Party Salad. This diabetic-friendly salad is full of color, taste, and nutrition 'cause it's loaded with a variety of delicious summer veggies!