The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Bow Tie Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 5 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Get out your best shoes and fancy hat, because our Bow Tie Cake is already dressed for the occasion! It's so easy to be creative with this fun cake recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1 package (22.5 ounces) brownie mix, batter prepared according to the package directions
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon yellow food color
- 1 three-inch round sugar cookie
- 1 package (1 ounce) candy-coated chocolate candies
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Bake the brownie batter in an 8-inch-square baking pan that has been lined with aluminum foil and coated with nonstick baking spray. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely, then spread the ice cream evenly over the top, covering the brownies completely. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Invert the pan over a cutting board, remove the pan and foil, then slice in half diagonally. Place the 2 triangles together to form a bow tie, as shown in illustration 1.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the whipped topping and food color until uniform in color, then frost the bow tie. Place the cookie in the center of the tie and decorate the bow tie with the chocolate candies as shown in illustration 2. Cover loosely and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
Making this Bow Tie Cake for Dad? Make it Dad-special by decorating it to match one of his own! You can do stripes, polka dots, or even a paisley pattern. No matter what you do, he'll be sure to love this yummy ice cream cake!