Chocolate Cola Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Got the baking bug? Cure it with this easy recipe for chocolate cake with a secret ingredient! Okay, we'll let the secret out. It's one of the world's most popular soft drink flavors. Try our Chocolate Cola Cake for guaranteed raves!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4-serving-size) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups cola, divided (See Notes)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (16-ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil until blended. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups cola. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes; pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
In a large saucepan, combine butter, cocoa, and remaining cola; cook over medium heat until butter melts, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla, then the pecans.
- Spread warm frosting over top of warm cake; cool completely on a wire rack.
This cake is also great made with cherry-flavored cola!
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Thanks to shortcuts like frozen puff pastry, we're able to make jaw-dropping pastries like our Raspberry Cream Danish. These are filled with a homemade cream cheese filling, which makes them extra-special. A raspberry in the center and a sprinkle of powdered sugar are the finishing touches to this bakery-style treat.
- Patriotic Poke Cake
- All-American Pudding Cake
- Old-Fashioned Hot Milk Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Cake Mix Recipes: 39 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Heavenly Freezer Cake
- Peachy Keen Icebox Cake
- Bourbon Fruitcake
- Blueberries 'n' Cream Cake
- Easy King Cake