Lemon Wedding Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Lemon Wedding Cake is inspired by the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. While we couldn't get the actual recipe from their caterer, we came up with a decadent version of our own. You can make this elegant cake in the comfort of your own kitchen, but the guests will think you spent a ton of money! We hope this recipe helps make every bride feel like a princess on her wedding day.
What You'll Need
- DOUBLE-LEMON CAKE
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Zest from 1 lemon
- BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup elderflower liqueur (optional, see note)
- 3/4 cup lemon curd
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the bottoms of 2 (8-inch) cake pans with cooking spray.
- To make the cake, in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cake mix, sour cream, water, oil, eggs and lemon zest until thoroughly combined. Pour batter evenly into cake pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in the pans, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the Frosting, in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and vanilla until creamy. Gradually mix in confectioners’ sugar and milk until frosting is light and fluffy. If the frosting is a bit too stiff, you may need to add an additional tablespoon or two of milk.
- If desired, drizzle each cake layer with 2 tablespoons elderflower liqueur (see note). Place one cake, flat side up, on a cake platter. Spread a thin layer of frosting on top. Spoon lemon curd over frosting, making sure that you do not spread it all the way to the edge, or it will ooze out.
- Place second cake layer over first, (again, flat side up) and frost top and sides with remaining frosting. Decorate as desired. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Did You Know
- Elderflower liquor and syrup are becoming very popular now. You can pick up a bottle at most liquor stores or you can find it online and have it shipped right to your door. As for the flavor, it’s sort of a blend of pear, lemon, and mixed florals all in one. Elegant and delicious! The perfect combination for a wedding cake.
- This decadent wedding cake recipe wraps up our Royal Wedding Week! To see all of the recipes check out Royal Roasted Chicken, Duchess French Fries, English Scones, and British Yorkshire Pudding.
- We know this Lemon Wedding Cake will impress everyone, but remember to get a little something extra for the mister! He'll love our Chocolate Groom's Cake!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 882
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 30g 46 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 72 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 5.5g 11 %
- Cholesterol 107mg 36 %
- Sodium 435mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 147g 49 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 133g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!