Chocolate Raspberry Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who would have guessed that a cake as luxurious as this would be so simple to make? Not us! But thank goodness it is; this means anyone can enjoy the sweet flavors of this chocolate cake recipe no matter how much time they have! Our Chocolate Raspberry Cake is as delicious as it gets; sweet chocolate, mixed together with decadent raspberry jam, makes this one of the most stunning desserts to ever come out of our Test Kitchen.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Raspberries for garnish (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 3 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray and lightly flour each.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and water. With an electric mixer, at medium speed, beat 2 minutes until well combined. Evenly pour batter into cake pans.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread 2 tablespoons raspberry jam between the layers.
- Place whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 1 minute until hot, but not boiling; add chocolate chips, stirring until chips melt and mixture is smooth. Let chocolate mixture stand 5 to 10 minutes or until spreading consistency. Spread chocolate mixture on top and sides of cake. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped cream, fresh mint sprigs, and raspberries, if desired.
Check This Out!
If you loved this simple raspberry recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Easy Raspberry Recipes: 14 All-Star Raspberry Desserts.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 448
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24g 38 %
- Saturated Fat 9.8g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.8g 8 %
- Cholesterol 60mg 20 %
- Sodium 393mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 56g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 37g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.