Classic Strawberry Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Satisfy your sweet tooth with a dessert that's full of simple, summery tastes. Our recipe for Classic Strawberry Shortcake is a favorite that can be enjoyed any time of the year!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries (thaw if frozen)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups pancake and baking mix
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar, stirring gently. Cover and chill at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pancake and baking mix, half-and-half, butter, egg, and 1 tablespoon sugar; beat at high speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds. Spoon batter into cake pan; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
- Split shortcake in half horizontally. Place bottom half cut side up on a serving plate. Spoon half each of whipped topping and strawberry mixture over shortcake. Top with remaining shortcake. Spoon remaining whipped topping and strawberry mixture on top.
- If you're in the mood for peaches, just substitute 4 cups of sliced fresh or frozen and thawed peaches for the strawberries in this scrumptious shortcake.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Change up your dinner routine with this recipe that's a cross between an ooey-gooey casserole and the best pepperoni pizza you've ever had. It'll only take you about 30 minutes to get these Pepperoni Pie Squares on the dinner table. (Be prepared to be asked for second helpings!)