Classic Strawberry Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Satisfy your sweet tooth with a dessert that's full of simple, summery tastes. Our recipe for Classic Strawberry Shortcake is a favorite that can be enjoyed any time of the year!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries (thaw if frozen)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups pancake and baking mix
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar, stirring gently. Cover and chill at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pancake and baking mix, half-and-half, butter, egg, and 1 tablespoon sugar; beat at high speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds. Spoon batter into cake pan; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
- Split shortcake in half horizontally. Place bottom half cut side up on a serving plate. Spoon half each of whipped topping and strawberry mixture over shortcake. Top with remaining shortcake. Spoon remaining whipped topping and strawberry mixture on top.
- If you're in the mood for peaches, just substitute 4 cups of sliced fresh or frozen and thawed peaches for the strawberries in this scrumptious shortcake.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!