Chocolate Citrus Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's a splash of citrus flavor in every bite of our colorful and decadent Chocolate Citrus Cake. It starts with a store-bought cake mix that we fancy up with a few simple drops of orange extract and food coloring, to make it bakery fancy.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.5-ounce) box chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) container white frosting, divided
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 drops red food color
- 4 drops yellow food color
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch cake pans with cooking spray.
- Pour cake batter into pans and bake 28 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Invert one cake onto a serving platter and spread with white frosting. Place second cake right side up onto frosting.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining white frosting, orange extract and red and yellow food colors until frosting is orange. Frost top and sides of cake.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.