Good Ol' Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like a Good Ol' Chocolate Cake to put everybody in a good mood, and this homemade chocolate cake recipe has one secret ingredient that makes it extra-moist. In fact, it's so moist, you don't even need any frosting!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup water
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, chocolate, and butter; bring to a boil, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; blend with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Stir in chocolate mixture; mix well and let sit about 10 minutes, or until thickened. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
- While this chocolate cake tastes amazing on its own, a little frosting wouldn't hurt either! If you'd like to make your own, check out our collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes for some extra-yummy inspiration.
- You can also top with dollops of whipped cream.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 393
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 9.1g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 5.6g 11 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 354mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 62g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 41g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!