Lemon-Glazed Angel Food Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This light and heavenly Lemon-Glazed Angel Food Cake is a cinch to make. Yes, you can make your own Angel Food Cake with our easy cake recipe from scratch that'll make you a hero. Don't get intimidated 'cause we only use everyday ingredients you already have lying around your house, so you can have a slice of homemade angel food cake anytime you'd like! Top it with your favorite fruit or frosting for an extra special treat.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and the flour; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla, and salt until soft peaks form. Slowly add 3/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold flour mixture gently into egg white mixture until thoroughly combined then pour into an ungreased tube pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden and dry. With cake still in pan, invert pan on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Remove cooled cake from pan and place on serving plate.
- In a small saucepan, bring lemon juice, lemon peel, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar to a boil over medium heat. Boil 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved and glaze is smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and drizzle over cake just before serving.
- Sprinkle top of cake with a dozen finely crushed lemon drops for an extra zesty taste.
- The one thing that'll make this angel food cake recipe even better? The perfect frosting! Choose your favorite from our collection of 15 Homemade Frosting Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!