Lower Fat Chocolate Fudge Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
So smooth, they'll say it's sinful ... but it's not, because it really is lower in fat than the usual chocolate cake recipes. That's right. Great taste without egg yolks or butter.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup prune puree or prepared prune butter
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all- purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine water, prune puree, egg whites, and vanilla extract. Beat to blend thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients and mix completely. Spread batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on rack, then cut into squares.
Prune puree and prune butter are available ready to use (found in the jam and jelly or baking section of your supermarket), or you can make your own puree by combining 1-1/2 cups (8 ounces) pitted prunes and 6 tablespoons water in the container of a food processor; pulse on and off until the mixture is smooth. It makes 1 cup.