Nutty Pineapple Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's something "nutty" about this cake, and we think it has to do with just how good it tastes! Pineapple and walnuts come together to make a delicious moist cake, with a bit of a crunch. And the homemade cream cheese frosting is really just "the icing on the cake!"
What You'll Need
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and flour.
- In a bowl, stir together crushed pineapple with juice, sugar, and eggs. Add flour, baking soda, and walnuts. Spread mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make frosting, in a bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you want to sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top of the frosted cake, go right ahead! It'll only add to the "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!®" of this great cake!
- Hey, now that you've tried this amazing pineapple cake, why not try another? Our Pineapple Cream Cake is fantastic!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 295
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.0g 6 %
- Cholesterol 36mg 12 %
- Sodium 176mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 39g 0 %