Vegetable Cheese Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is the perfect way to enjoy your veggies crunchy but still with those long-cooked-tasting juices. It's so cheesy-rich and mellow.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, cut into 1/4 -inch slices (about 4 cups)
- 1 large onion, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium-sized green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 3-1/2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese for topping
- 1 1/2 cups mild barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
In a large skillet, heat oil until moderately hot; saute potatoes, zucchini, onion, green peppers, mushrooms, and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes; set aside.
In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients, except mozzarella cheese, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add sauteed vegetables to sauce and simmer for another 10 minutes; keep warm.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spoon vegetable/sauce mixture into a 9- X 13-inch glass baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly golden.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 258
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 6.5g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 9.9g 20 %
- Cholesterol 34mg 11 %
- Sodium 431mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.