Old-Fashioned Hot Milk Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Do you remember when Mom would bring out her famous hot milk cake after dinner and everyone would line up for a piece? Well, we recreated one of your favorites to bring you this Old-Fashioned Hot Milk Cake Recipe. It's a simple cake, made with simple ingredients, that tastes simply amazing.
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, then gradually beat into egg mixture.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat milk and butter until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter, beating until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
Garnish with a sprinkle of confectioners' sugar or a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries for extra yum!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 231
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 226mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While school cafeteria menus changed monthly, there was one item that we knew would be available every Friday - fish sticks. Our Cafeteria Fish Sticks are simple and kid-approved, especially 'cause they're coated with crunchy potato chips and ranch dressing!