Peachy Poke Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 45 Min
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
You don't have to wait for summer to come around to serve up slices of yummy peach cake. Our recipe for Peachy Poke Cake is made with some peachy ingredients that are available year-round. And since it's a poke cake, there's lots of peach flavor in every bite.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package white cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (4-serving-size) package peach-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (29-ounce) can sliced peaches in juice, drained, divided
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- Bake 23 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean; let cool 15 minutes. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke about 15 holes randomly into each cake layer.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Slowly pour into holes of both cakes. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving platter and frost with whipped topping; layer with half the peach slices. Place second cake layer on top and frost top and sides with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then garnish with remaining peach slices.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Gettin' Peachy with it! For more of our favorite peach recipes, try our "Just Peachy" Fluff Salad and, for sunshine and good times, try our Southern Peach Cobbler!
- Are you a fan of southern recipes? They're pretty popular here in the Test Kitchen. Some of our favorites include these amazing Southern Fried Pickles and this Homestyle Fried Chicken!
- Tell us your favorite southern recipe in the comments!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more scrumptious cake recipes, download our free eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.