Pink Ribbon Poke Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One great way to help raise awareness for a cause is to host a bake sale. Our Pink Ribbon Poke Cake was created for Breast Cancer Awareness month, and features the signature pink color that reminds us all of our fight against breast cancer.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon strawberry dessert topping, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Bake according to package directions; let cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a straw or wooden spoon handle, poke holes randomly into cake. Slowly pour 1 cup strawberry topping into holes, using a spatula to spread excess. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining strawberry topping and beat until well mixed.
- Evenly spread frosting onto cake and serve, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Decorate with candy pink breast cancer awareness ribbons, which you can find at your local craft store.
- Here's another bake sale option, or just another way to say we care: Pink Ribbon Cookies.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While school cafeteria menus changed monthly, there was one item that we knew would be available every Friday - fish sticks. Our Cafeteria Fish Sticks are simple and kid-approved, especially 'cause they're coated with crunchy potato chips and ranch dressing!