Shortcut German Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Decadent," "Awesome" and "Unbelievable" are just a few of the words you'll be murmuring after you try this rich Shortcut German Chocolate Cake.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, mixed according to package directions
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup shredded coconut, divided
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray then lightly flour.
- Place cake batter in a large bowl and add 1/2 cup pecans and 1/2 cup coconut; mix well then pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes, until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1/2 cup coconut. Spread over warm cake and allow cake to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- We've got more fantastic shortcut recipes in our FREE eCookbook, Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix. Or check out more cake recipes here at our collection page, 39 To-Die-For Recipes With Cake Mix!
- Check out our other German chocolate recipes like The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake and German Chocolate Snack Cake.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!