Shortcut German Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Decadent," "Awesome" and "Unbelievable" are just a few of the words you'll be murmuring after you try this rich Shortcut German Chocolate Cake.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, mixed according to package directions
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup shredded coconut, divided
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray then lightly flour.
- Place cake batter in a large bowl and add 1/2 cup pecans and 1/2 cup coconut; mix well then pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes, until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1/2 cup coconut. Spread over warm cake and allow cake to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- We've got more fantastic shortcut recipes in our FREE eCookbook, Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix. Or check out more cake recipes here at our collection page, 39 To-Die-For Recipes With Cake Mix!
- Check out our other German chocolate recipes like The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake and German Chocolate Snack Cake.