The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 28 Min
At Halloween, or anytime you're looking for a frightful treat, serve up this cake with a spiderweb design on it and get ready for all the screams! First they'll say, "OOH!!" and then they'll say, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.5-ounce) box chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 (16-ounce) container white frosting
- 4 drops red food color
- 4 drops yellow food color
- 2 black jelly beans
- 1 tube black decorating gel or 1 string black licorice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch cake pans with cooking spray. Pour cake batter into pans and bake 28 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While still warm, invert one cake onto a serving platter. Top with mini marshmallows and place second cake layer right-side up over marshmallows. Let sit 5 minutes for marshmallows to melt then chill until firm.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1-1/4 cups white frosting with red and yellow food colors until frosting is orange. Frost top and sides of cake.
- Place remaining white frosting into a resealable plastic storage bag. Cut a very small tip off corner of bag and pipe a spiderweb design on top of cake (see photo).
- Place a black jelly bean on spiderweb and draw legs with black gel or form them with licorice to look like a spider (see photo). Repeat with remaining jelly bean and gel to form a second spider.
Looking for more outstanding cake mix recipes? Check out our collection page of 39 To-Die-For Recipes With Cake Mix!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Easy Butter Chicken
If you like meals that are bursting with flavor, then you're going to love this Indian-inspired dish. Our Easy Butter Chicken is going to excite your taste buds. Every bite is full of creamy, comforting goodness. This is a great change-of-pace chicken dinner!