The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Are you ready for a cake recipe that will trump any other cake you ever make again? The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake has that heavenly, chocolate-y goodness you love with a melt-in-your-mouth sweetness you won't be able to resist.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup canned chocolate frosting
What to Do
- Bake cake according to package directions for 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Let cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla. Cook about 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Place one cake layer flat side down on a serving platter. Spread half the coconut mixture on top. Top with second cake layer and remaining coconut mixture.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave frosting 10 to 15 seconds, or until slightly thin. Drizzle over top and sides of cake. Store cake in refrigerator.
- Garnish with a few pecan halves.
- Looking for more great desserts made with sweetened condensed milk? Well then check out our collection of Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 649
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38g 59 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 68 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 8.2g 16 %
- Cholesterol 69mg 23 %
- Sodium 490mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 72g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12 %
- Sugars 55g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!