Banana Wedding Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
To wrap up our Royal Wedding Week, we've got a Banana Wedding Cake recipe that will give your own special day a royal feel. Your guests will go bananas over the decadent flavors and smooth buttercream frosting! Inspired by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, we hope it helps every bride feel like a princess on her wedding day.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
To Make Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat granulated sugar, 1/2 stick butter, sour cream, and eggs until light and creamy. Beat in bananas and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well. Pour evenly into cake pans.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
To Make Buttercream Frosting:
1. In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1 stick butter until creamy. Slowly add in the confectioners' sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and beat until smooth.
2. Place one cake layer upside down on serving platter and with an off-set spatula, frost the top. Place second cake layer over first and frost top and sides with remaining frosting.
More Royal Recipes
Check out all our Royal Wedding Week recipes:
- Royal Roasted Chicken
- Duchess French Fries
- English Scones
- British Yorkshire Pudding
- The sky is the limit when it comes to decorating! Try fresh flowers, (as long as they haven't been sprayed with anything), for classic accent, or if you want, whip up some extra frosting and decorate it with a pastry bag! Create your own royal style for your special day.
- Try our Bubbly Wedding Punch as a great way to toast the bride and groom!
- If you're looking for more royal recipes, check out Prince William and Kate's Favorite Recipes!
Traditionally, the English wedding cake recipe is a fruitcake, but Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have opted for a banana wedding cake recipe instead. They're doing "royal" in a whole new way.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 608
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 10.0g 50 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 4.7g 9 %
- Cholesterol 75mg 25 %
- Sodium 374mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 113g 38 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 92g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.