Ultimate Coconut Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Ultimate Coconut Cake is a show-stopping dessert that's perfect for Easter, or any other time you want to whip it up! You can change the toppings to whatever is fun and festive for the holiday, so you can make this moist cake for any occasion! And as good as it looks, we promise, it tastes even better!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- Jelly beans for decorating
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the bottoms of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, 1 cup coconut milk, oil, and eggs; mix until thoroughly combined. Pour batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make Frosting, in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, 1/4 cup coconut milk, and vanilla until creamy. Slowly add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving platter and spread evenly with frosting. Place second layer on top and frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Sprinkle coconut over entire cake. Keep refrigerated. When ready to serve, decorate with jelly beans.
- You can dress this up by adding fun Easter decorations and jelly beans to this. Making it for Christmas? Add some of your favorite holiday candy instead. Have a ball and make sure the kids help out.
- For more yummy holiday treats, check out our Easy Ester Dessert Recipes! We've also got this yummy Freeze-Ahead Desserts for the Holidays!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
To get some amazing Easter meals, download our free eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.