We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like a little zip and a lot of bang in your burger, then our Firecracker Burgers are right up your alley! These pork burgers get their explosive taste from some simple and great seasonings, plus everyone's favorite--bacon! Now that's a burger that'll really light up their faces!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- 4 slices raw bacon, chopped
- 4 rolls, toasted
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine pork, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and egg; mix well. Mix in the bacon, then form into 4 patties. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each burger. (This prevents burger from bulging when grilled.) Sprinkle patties with pepper.
- Grill 8 to 12 minutes, or until cooked all the way through, turning once during grilling. Serve on toasted rolls.
We like to top our burgers with coleslaw for that cool and crunchy contrast, and you can check out a bunch of coleslaw recipes on our website. Looking for a suggestion? Why not try our no-fail Everything Coleslaw!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While school cafeteria menus changed monthly, there was one item that we knew would be available every Friday - fish sticks. Our Cafeteria Fish Sticks are simple and kid-approved, especially 'cause they're coated with crunchy potato chips and ranch dressing!