Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Boss's Day Toffee
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This old-fashioned, melt-in-your mouth recipe for toffee is sure to delight your gang when they get the urge for nibbling. And it makes a super edible homemade gift for the boss or anybody you want to impress!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
What to Do
- Coat a 10" x 15" rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a soup pot, combine butter, sugar, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil 3 to 4 minutes, until mixture reaches the hard crack stage (see Note), stirring constantly.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in 1/2 cup pecans and the vanilla; quickly spread over baking sheet. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over mixture and allow to melt; use a knife to spread melted chocolate over toffee, covering it completely.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup pecans over melted chocolate then chill at least 1 hour, or until chocolate is firm. Break into bite-sized pieces and serve, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Makes about 1-1/2 pounds.
To test for the hard crack stage, drop a bit of the mixture from a teaspoon into a glass of cold water. If it forms a ball that hardens in the water, then it has reached the hard crack stage. If not, continue to cook mixture a bit longer then test it again.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.