Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 Pieces
- CHILL TIME
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
It's called Christmas Crack for a reason! You'll be addicted after just one taste; it's easy to see that there's nothing better than this homemade Christmas candy-cookie to get you in the holiday spirit! The festive colors and the tasty ingredients mean that you won't be able to resist breaking off a piece of this holiday style brittle.
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Christmas colored sprinkles for decorating
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; place graham crackers in a single layer on the baking sheet, arranging crackers to fit.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring butter, brown sugar, and salt to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over the crackers and spread evenly, covering all the crackers. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Return to oven 2 minutes then evenly spread chocolate over crackers.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips 30 to 60 seconds or until melted and smooth. Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over top. Decorate with holiday sprinkles.
- Refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes or until candy is firm. Break into pieces and serve. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Check This Out!
- For more brittle-style recipes, try our Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle or our Homemade Cracker Candy!
- Christmas is filled with sweets! Try our Frosty Peppermint Cookies, and our Easy Hot Chocolate Fudge.
- Plus, check out our collection of Homemade Holiday Gifts from Your Kitchen!
- Check out the rest of the cookies in our 2018 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.