We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pralines are a rich, patty-shaped Southern candy made from pecans. And for all you chocoholics out there, these are "to-die for!"
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves
What to Do
- In a large saucepan that has been coated with 1 teaspoon butter, combine sugar, buttermilk, baking soda, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes, until soft ball stage is reached, stirring constantly (see Note).
- Remove from heat and add remaining 1/4 cup butter, chocolate chips, and vanilla; continue stirring until melted and smooth. Add pecans and stir until well coated.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls about 1-inch apart on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Allow to cool at room temperature until set. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
To test for soft ball stage: Drop a bit of mixture from a teaspoon into a glass of cold water. If it forms a soft ball, that flattens when you remove it from water, it has reached soft ball stage. If not, continue to cook mixture, then test again after a bit.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 128
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.7g 1 %
- Cholesterol 4.4mg 1 %
- Sodium 102mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!