Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Homemade Cracker Candy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What is cracker candy? It's a simple homemade candy that uses crackers as a base. In our recipe for Homemade Cracker Candy we start with buttery crackers, which add a little bit of saltiness to our sweet confection. Then, we top those with a layer of caramel and a layer of chocolate before finishing off our candy with some chopped pecans. The results are so good, we're sure that once you give this cracker candy a try you'll be making it over and over again.
What You'll Need:
- 24 round buttery crackers
- 3/4 cup butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil; lightly coat foil with cooking spray. Arrange crackers in a single layer in pan.
- In a medium saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over crackers.
- Bake 5 minutes; turn off oven. Sprinkle crackers with chocolate chips and let stand in oven 3 minutes, or until chocolate is melted. Spread chocolate evenly over crackers. Sprinkle pecans over chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm, then cut with a sharp knife into pieces. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Looking for another recipe for cracker candy? Check out our recipes for Brickle Crunch (saltine cracker candy) and Break up Brittle (graham cracker candy)! Plus, don't forget to download our FREE eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 556
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36g 56 %
- Saturated Fat 20g 100 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 1.2g 2 %
- Cholesterol 37mg 12 %
- Sodium 194mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 51g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate apple season with a homestyle Apple Coffee Cake that simply shouts comfort. Imagine taking this coffee cake warm out of the oven and serving it with a scoop of ice cream or enjoying it as a morning treat. No matter which way you choose to serve this coffee cake recipe, your whole gang will love it. Talk about the perfect autumn recipe!