Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Homemade Cracker Candy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What is cracker candy? It's a simple homemade candy that uses crackers as a base. In our recipe for Homemade Cracker Candy we start with buttery crackers, which add a little bit of saltiness to our sweet confection. Then, we top those with a layer of caramel and a layer of chocolate before finishing off our candy with some chopped pecans. The results are so good, we're sure that once you give this cracker candy a try you'll be making it over and over again.
What You'll Need:
- 24 round buttery crackers
- 3/4 cup butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil; lightly coat foil with cooking spray. Arrange crackers in a single layer in pan.
- In a medium saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over crackers.
- Bake 5 minutes; turn off oven. Sprinkle crackers with chocolate chips and let stand in oven 3 minutes, or until chocolate is melted. Spread chocolate evenly over crackers. Sprinkle pecans over chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm, then cut with a sharp knife into pieces. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Looking for another recipe for cracker candy? Check out our recipes for Brickle Crunch (saltine cracker candy) and Break up Brittle (graham cracker candy)! Plus, don't forget to download our FREE eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 422
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 30g 46 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 77 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 2.6g 5 %
- Cholesterol 37mg 12 %
- Sodium 198mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 43g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 35g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just 'cause you're trying to eat healthier doesn't mean you have to cut out fried chicken! Our Baked Crispy Chicken is an oven-fried chicken recipe that delivers the same amount of crispy yumminess as the deep-fried kind, but without all the guilt!