Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Chocolate Rum Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chocolate Rum Balls is one of our favorite desserts because it is so-o-o sweet and simple. You try it! This party food favorite is a hit with the adults, especially among close friends and family. This easy chocolate recipe will having you looking for excuses to wave that candy-man flag every week!
What You'll Need
- 1 (9-ounce) package chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup dark rum (see Note)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Additional sifted powdered sugar
What to Do
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in rum and corn syrup.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls, and roll in additional powdered sugar. Store balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 month.
Chocolate wafers serve as the base of this showy candy. I don't recommend using rum extract as a substitute, so serve these at adult-only gatherings.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.