Corn Rice Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Tex-Mex inspired casserole is creamy, colorful, and, most importantly, flavorful. Our Corn Rice Casserole is hearty enough to be eaten on its own or can be paired with a Southwestern-style chicken dish.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 (11-ounce) cans Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can diced tomato and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf mild Mexican pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add bell pepper and onion and saute 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients including rice. Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Friends always call and ask for recipes they can prepare ahead and freeze. Well, this recipe works great for that! To freeze it, line the baking dish with aluminum foil; fill and freeze. Lift the frozen casserole from the dish, and wrap it tightly with foil; return to the freezer. When you're ready to cook it, remove the foil, and place frozen casserole back into the serving dish. Let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Then bake it as directed above, and get ready for rave reviews!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 341
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 5.7g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 10g 20 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 581mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 54g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 6.1g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.