Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hello Hawaii! We're celebrating delicious tropical flavor with our Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Casserole. Juicy chicken, sweet pineapple, creamy rice, and a special little crunch all come together to make this casserole recipe as good as it gets. It's an easy way to feed the family and take them on a trip to an island paradise!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chow mein noodles
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions, substituting one cup of coconut milk for one cup of water.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, chicken, soup, pineapple, red pepper, scallions, 1-1/2 cups cheese, the ginger, salt, and remaining coconut milk; mix well. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes. Remove casserole from oven, top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the chow mein noodles. Bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until casserole is heated through.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a great new grilled chicken recipe that pairs the tropical flavors of mango and lime for a great summertime meal. Just let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight, then whip it up at your backyard bash, and everyone will think they've gone on vacation!